Mentoring Programs - Helping Services
Mentoring connects youth with caring adults who can help youth aspire, achieve and develop to their fullest potential. Mentoring matches build friendships and develop healthy relationships. Mentors become a role model that make a difference in the life of a youth in their area.
We currently have mentoring programs in Allamakee, Delaware, Howard, and Winneshiek Counties.
Interested in being part of the Mentoring Program?
1. Talk about mentoring. When you interact with family, friends or coworkers, spread the message that mentoring is important.
2. Encourage adults to become mentors. We have youth who have been waiting for a mentor for over a year. More mentors are needed in each community we serve.
Mentor Application for residents of Delaware County
3. Encourage youth to sign up for a mentor. Every youth - no matter what their background, benefits by having one more adult they can trust.
REQUEST A MENTOR (youth)
find out more and download an application here
4. Serve on the Mentoring Steering Commitee. Each county has a team of people from many different backgrounds ensuring that our programs maintain the best quality for the youth, adults and families we serve. Contact a mentoring coordinator to find out more.
5. Support continued funding of mentoring programs. If you are a part of a social club or business, or as an individual wantig to give, your donation helps connect a youth with a positive role model. Donate to Helping Services today!
You can also contact a mentoring coordinator to find out more about the program in your county.